Girls

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass."-- Maya Angelou

8.01.2011

1 Month Letter for Ryan

My Sweet Ry Guy,
Your are now 1 month old and I have to pinch myself for two reasons: 1). That an entire month has passed already and 2) That I am now a mother of two let alone 1 girl and 1 boy. Incredible.

My boy you are so perfect I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop. You sleep at night, usually 1st in your own crib next to Mommy's bed and then after your 2am feeding we snuggle the rest of the night. Its a time that I thoroughly enjoy because I get to wake up with you in my arms between your Dad and I.

Speaking of your Dad, boy you got lucky with the man that will teach you everything about becoming an amazing man yourself. I often wonder how I got so lucky and your Dad chose me. I hope you and your sister see the love we have for each other and how we are truly best friends and partners in this crazy life. Over the past month your Dad has been putting so much of himself into his work in order to better his life for you. Its been harder at times when he is working 7 days a week but know that he is trying to do it now while you are both young so that when you are older he can be around to play and laugh and make memories with you.

Next I need to tell you about the incredible way your sister loves you, I am sure in a few years you wont think it is possible but she is so enamored by you. All she wants to do is hug and kiss and hold you. Every time you fuss or cry she tells you "its ok, buddy, its ok". The bond you are already forming with each other melts my heart and I hope you always love and protect each other. My heart belongs to both of you and I hope in turn you will grow with each other and be the best of friends. I just hope she lets you speak for yourself, because she can talk alot already!

I hope we continue to grow as a family and you continue to be an amazing little boy! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment